Comfort and independence with the very best of care
Cross Lane House offers so much more than just a place for older people to live. We are a vibrant, senior living community that offers care, companionship, comfort and a wide selection of activities, that match individual interests.
Committed to provide a caring home from home.
When people come to Cross Lane House, they lead richer lives, moving from isolation to a community. Whether they choose to play a competitive game of bingo, take part in morning exercise or just relax with friends, residents discover a second family and a home in which to thrive, both in body and spirit.
“Recognising the challenges of ageing, we are dedicated to encouraging a fulfilling lifestyle with independence.”
Aims and Objectives
Cross Lane Residential Care Home provides care for those who are no longer able to care for themselves in their own home within the boundaries of our registration with the Care Quality Commission.
- By the continual appraisal of standards and audit we ensure that the home develops in line with the ‘Code of Practice’ set out by the Care Quality Commission, Health and Safety Executive and Fire Prevention, and present best practice within the field of residential care.
- We provide an environment that promotes a warm, caring home, giving clients the highest standards of care possible. We encourage independence, privacy and dignity with consideration to personal care.
- We promote choices in all aspects of our clients’ lives, food, environment, dress and responsible risk-taking.
- We provide a comfortable, warm and homely environment and encourage clients to personalise their own rooms, with furniture and belongings.
- We train our carers and encourage awareness of the social, physical and emotional needs of our clients, and by discussing ideas at regular meetings we improve and develop the home and the service provided in all areas.
- We consult with clients and their families on a regular basis, to ensure well being, comfort and satisfaction.
- Continual training of staff develops their knowledge andunderstanding of clients’ needs, requirements of the service and the legislation that governs the service we provide.
- We instigate a culture of continuous development by assessment/audit, action planning and change.
- We ensure a warm welcome to friends and relatives, giving support, understanding and encouragement, by continual updates of their loved ones progress.
- Every client is treated as an individual, and with respect and dignity. Integral to this is the right to make decisions, have all their rights upheld, privacy when they desire it, and are empowered in their day to day lives